- A Harvest of Thorns
- The Tears of Dark Water
- The Garden of Burning Sand
- A Walk Across The Sun
Here are a few resources about the underside of the fashion industry, supply chain transparency, corporate responsibility, and the importance of shopping ethically.
TO DIE FOR by Lucy Siegle
– A groundbreaking non-fiction expose of the fast fashion industry by a reporter for the Guardian.
THE TRUE COST, a documentary directed by Andrew Morgan
– A captivating and heartbreaking glimpse under the hood of the fast fashion industry.
THE RESPONSIBLE COMPANY by Yvon Chouinard
– A must-read manifesto of ethical business by the founder of the clothing brand Patagonia.
– A cutting-edge initiative designed to connect consumers to the stories of the people who make their clothes, and to offer real options for buying ethically.
– A consumer-oriented campaign aiming to transform the fashion industry for good, and demanding of the brands, “Who made my clothes?”
FAIR TRADE USA
– The most recognized and respected Fair Trade certification in the world.
FASHION TRANSPARENCY INDEX by Fashion Revolution
– An in-depth look at how different brands stack up in terms of supply chain transparency, ethical sourcing practices, and commitment to corporate responsibility.
BENCHMARKS IN APPAREL AND FOOTWEAR by Know the Chain
– Another deeply researched comparison of the major clothing brands and their commitment to ethical sourcing and corporate responsibility.
CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY AT PATAGONIA
– A treasure trove of information about Patagonia’s supply chain from the gold standard in corporate responsibility.
THE TAINTED GOODS LIST by the U.S. Department of Labor
– A haunting look at the goods and services affected by child labor and forced labor in countries around the world.